Meeting called to order at 5:34p.m.
Housing and Community Development Commission
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
City Hall, Medford Room 330
- Roll Call
Present: Commissioners Bill Boehning, Rebecca Erickson, Carol Fiddler, Heidi Hill, Denise James, Paul Tanner, John Michaels, Daniel Smith, Council Liaison Dick Gordon and Staff Liaisons Angela Durant and Laura Stewart. Commissioner Carol Fiddler left at 6:36pm.
Absent: Commissioner Marie Cabler
- Public Comments – None
- Approval of Minutes: The minutes from the April 18, 2018 Study Session were approved with two noted changes. The minutes from the April 18, 2018 Meeting were approved as submitted.
- Accessible Housing Needs
Resident George Adams presented information about the ADA Accessible Housing needs in the Medford area.
- Old Business:
- Commission Study Sessions - Staff presented potential topics for future study session topics. Further discussion on 2018/19 CDBG funding was discussed and then tabled for the June 6th Commission meeting.
- New Business:
- Substantial Amendment No.1 to the 2017 Action Plan - Staff presented a substantial amendment to the 2017 Action Plan regarding Habitat for Humanity’s original acquisition for rehabilitation of one housing unit located at 1026 W. Tenth St. HfH proposed a change of scope to acquisition/demolition/construction of three new town-house style units on the same site.
Motion: “I move to approve the Substantial Amendment No. 1 to the City of Medford 2017/18 Action Plan as presented by staff.
Motion by: John Michaels Seconded by: Daniel Smith
Motion passes with 6 affirmative votes, with 1 abstention and 2 commissioners absent.
- Housing Commission Meeting Schedule; and
- Housing Commission Meeting Length - Commission Chair, Marie Cabler initiated a conversation about the Commission’s meeting frequency and length. Commissioner Hill said terms should be two years instead of three to draw more interest and that meetings should not be more than two hours.The Commission discussed using a different meeting format than the Roberts Rule of Order.Staff Liaison Laura Stewart will inquire with the City Manager’s Office.
- Remarks from Council Liaison – Councilman Gordon made suggestions on how to shorten meeting length.
- Remarks from Commissioners
- Commissioners – None
- Chair – None
- Meeting adjourned at 6:53 p.m.