Join Medford Police and Medford Parks, Recreation and Facilities for a Community Cleanup on Saturday, September 12 from 9 a.m. to noon
along areas of the Bear Creek Greenway next to Quality Fence Fields at Bear Creek Park.
In addition to picking up litter and trash along the Greenway, this Community Cleanup is an opportunity for residents to learn more about what efforts the City of Medford is making to address the fire and environmental concerns along the Greenway. Officers will be on hand to talk about their recent initiatives to clean up increased amounts of trash in the area.
Supplies including trash bags, gloves, and masks will be provided for this clean-up effort. Participants will be asked to follow SOLVE Volunteer Safety Guidelines during COVID-19 which include
- Stay close to home – only sign up for an event in your community.
- Volunteers are encouraged to pre-register online to avoid the use of shared pens and clipboards on site.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear a mask and gloves, especially during the check-in or other times when maintained 6 feet of distance may be a challenge.
- BYO – SOLVE encourages volunteers to bring their own supplies. This includes gloves and tools.
- Wash your hands before and after the event.
- Stay home if you, or someone you have been in contact with, feels unhealthy.
Multiple organizations participating in this event include Jackson County Mental Health, Rogue Retreat, and Rogue Disposal.
If you’re interested in volunteering for this event, please register online here: https://bit.ly/32Opff3
or contact Lt. Trevor Arnold at 541-774-2272 and Trevor.Arnold@cityofmedford.org