“MARC Centers are an essential part of the recovery process as we transition from emergency sheltering to rebuilding our community,” shares Kelly Madding, Medford Deputy City Manager, who is part of the Emergency Operations Command Team.
There will be representatives from FEMA, the Red Cross, local insurance agencies, and City Representatives to offer assistance in the fire relief process at the MARC. FEMA assists with the registration process for FEMA assistance. Other agencies will assist with additional resources, including housing, food and clothing vouchers, assistance filing insurance claims, and cash assistance. The smaller satellite offices generally only have FEMA Representatives. There are Spanish speaking representatives at all four MARC locations.
It helps to bring these items if you have them, though not required for assistance. These items are identification with your home address (i.e., utility bill or driver’s license), social security number, and any insurance information you can provide.
Multi-Agency Resource Center Locations:
1. Medford - Central High School, located at 815 S. Oakdale Avenue (541) 842-3669
2. Talent -Talent Elementary School, located at 307 Wagner Creek Road (541) 535-1531
3. Phoenix - Phoenix Civic Center, located at 220 N. Main Street (541) 535-1955 ext. 303
4. Shady Cove - The Riverhouse, located at 7710 Rogue River Drive (541) 774-8183 (The Shady Cove MARC is no longer open. No Citizens came for services so the FEMA team is now at the other MARC locations.)
“We are grateful to have twelve FEMA team members on the ground today to help the displaced families and residents in Jackson County.” Shares John Vial, EOC Command.
With the opening of the MARC, there will be changes at the Jackson County Expo/Red Cross Evacuee Shelter. Effective at the end of today:
1. The Connection Station, which has provided social service connections to evacuees at the EXPO will close tonight. As of tomorrow, folks should go to the MARC at Central Medford High School for these services.
2. The Red Cross evacuee shelter at the EXPO will remain open for the foreseeable future for those members of Jackson County that were displaced by recent fires.
3. Transportation to the MARC locations is available from 10 am to 1 pm. Please call the Phoenix-Talent Schools District Care Line. English (541) 821-7135 - Spanish (541) 821-7697