The City of Medford is currently accepting applications to fill vacant seats on various boards and commissions.
City boards and commissions enable citizens to participate in local government by bringing diverse viewpoints to decision-making and advisory processes.
All applicants must meet residency requirements (meaning they live, own property, or own a business within city limits).
Questions related to the application process or requirements of those who volunteer their services should be directed to email@example.com
or you can call 541-774-2000.
- One partial-term position (term expires 1/31/2023), meets monthly.
- Commission makes recommendations to the City Manager and City Council regarding the funding and operation of Eastwood Cemetery. The Commission also works to secure donations and bequests for the Cemetery Trust Fund.
- One partial-term position (term expire 1/31/2020), meets monthly.
- The Commission acts as an advisor to the City Council on matters affecting housing development pertaining to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program in the City of Medford.
- One opening for a member who lives/has lived homelessness experience.
- One full-term position (term expires 1/31/25), meets monthly.
- The Commission is the approving authority for Historic Plan reviews and exceptions or changes; investigates any building, structure or other physical object in the City, which is of historic significance; institutes and supports programs and projects that further the historic policy of the City of Medford.
- Two full-term positions (terms expire 1/31/25), meets monthly.
- The Commission serves to represent and reflect issues of economic, social and cultural interest for Medford’s growing multicultural community.
- Two partial-term positions are available (terms expire 1/31/2022), meets monthly.
- The committee advises the Transportation Commission on matters related to parking in the Central Business District.
- One opening for each category: property or business owner, an employee of a business or a resident in the Central Business District and one at-large member.
- One partial-term (expires 1/31/23), meets monthly.
- The Committee advises the Parks & Recreation Commission regarding trees in the right-of-way and in parklands.
- Two partial-term positions (terms expire 1/31/22), meets only when called.
- Performs the function of those boards created by the Uniform Building Codes, the Plumbing Code, the Electrical Code, and the Mechanical Code. Members must have knowledge of the building field.
- One opening for each category: business community member and at-large member.
- One full-term position (term expires 1/31/25) and meets twice a month.
- The Water Commission maintains, manages and operates the water system for the needs of the City.
- One partial-term position (term expires 6/30/21), meets at least quarterly.
- The Commission makes recommendations to the Parks and Recreation Commission regarding the funding and operations of Eastwood Cemetery. The commission also works to secure donations and bequests for the Cemetery Trust Fund.