The City of Medford is closely monitoring weather conditions throughout the Rogue Valley. The US National Weather Service in Medford is calling for a series of winter storms that will impact the area throughout the weekend.
Below are a number of resources the City provides in response to winter weather conditions. Get the latest updates on our social media channels: Facebook
Winter Weather Resources
Heavy Rain, Flooding
Rainstorm events can be caused by heavy rain, rapid snowmelt, or other factors. You can report flooding in Medford streets to the Public Works Department at 541-774-2600.
Tree & Wind
If a tree falls into the public right of way the Medford Public Works Department will respond to remove any portion of the tree that impedes or endangers the traveling public, both vehicles, and pedestrians.
To report flooding and downed trees in Medford streets call the Public Works Department at 541-774-2600. Frequently asked questions regarding fallen trees.
Snow & Ice
The Public Works Operations Division responds to snow events with various levels of response depending on the intensity and duration of the storm. Click here to see all sanding routes.
Sanding Route Map
Due to the significant elevation differences between areas of the City and the general "valley" topography, snow events in Medford vary a great deal.
Frequently asked questions regarding snow response and sanding routes.
- Power Outage - Pacific Power reports power outages online. To report downed wires or dangerous conditions, and a power outage call toll-free 1-877-508-5088.
- School Closures - Medford School District, St. Mary's School, Sacred Heart School, Logos Public Charter School, Grace Cascade Christian School, Rogue Community College, Southern Oregon University Medford Campus
- Weather Conditions - National Weather Service, KDRV, KOBI, KTVL, Mail Tribune
- Winter Travel Tips and Live Traffic Cameras from ODOT
- Public Transportation - RVTD