COVID-19: City Facilities Reopen for Limited In-person Services


Other Services

Permits Issued by the Manager's Office

Following is information about the most commonly requested permits that are issued by the City Manager's Office:

Construction - Night Work on Private Property

Alteration, demolition, erection or repair of any structure in the City between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. is prohibited.  Permission for a variance from this ordinance can be granted by the City Manager or designee if it is determined that the public interest requires it or that no person in the area would be disturbed by the work.  Complete a noise variance request by clicking hereand submit to the City Manager's Office by emailing  An approved variance does not replace any permits which may be required by the Building Department.  For additional information, please call (541) 774-5212.

*For night work taking place in the public right-of-way please submit your variance request to Public Works Engineering by emailing  An approved variance does not replace any fees/permits/traffic control plans which may be required by Public Works Engineering.  For additional information, please call (541) 774-2100.


Unless the production is filmed in a licensed film studio, a valid Film Permit is required when filming in/on public and private property.  Film permit fees vary depending on the number of filming days and size of production.  Click here for more information and to access the Film Permit request form.

Other Publicly-Owned Property

The City Manager may also grant a special permit for the short-term use of publicly owned properties other than streets and sidewalks, park lands, recreational facilities and city hall. Use of such property may not exceed three days. Liability insurance and a fee for use of the property may be required. Contact the City Manager's office for additional information and a permit application.

City Parks

Contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (541) 774-2400.

Parade Permits

Contact the City Manager's Office for a Special Event Permit at (541) 774-2000.

Additional Department Information

City Manager Department Contacts

411 West 8th St.
Medford, OR 97501
Phone: (541) 774-2000
Fax: (541) 618-1700
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

© 2021 City Of Medford  •  Site Handcrafted in Ashland, Oregon by Project A


Share This Page

Back to Top