Use of City Meeting Rooms by Outside Organizations
The City of Medford has established procedures by which outside organizations may use rooms for meetings in City Hall, Lausmann Annex and Santo Center.
City of Medford Charter states that the City Manager has general supervision over all City property. Section 2.194 of the Medford Municipal Code provides that application is to be made to the City Manager for permission to use City facilities.
Available Meeting Facilities
The following City facilities are available for meetings, subject to the conditions of use outlined below:
Alba Room, Seating for 9 at table (Capacity 28)
East Conference Room, Seating for 12 at table (Capacity 22)
City Managerís Conference Room, Seating for 12 at table (Capacity 22)
Lausmann Annex Conference Room, Seating for 18 at table (Capacity 60)
Santo Center, 700 North Columbus, has multiple conference rooms with varying capacities. Call (541) 774-2400 for more information.
Procedure and Condition of Use:
- Private use of City meeting rooms is limited to non-profit and not-for-profit community organizations and governmental agencies. Such groups are required to provide a Federal Tax Identification number verifying such non-profit designation. Activities which are primarily commercial in nature are not permitted.
- City Hall and Lausmann Annex meeting rooms may be reserved for use during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, except holidays, so long as there is no conflict with governmental needs. City Hall meeting rooms may be reserved for evening use, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays by non-profit groups and organizations provided a City staff member is in attendance. A charge may be associated with this request unless the staff member is off-duty attending as a member of the organization. All persons or groups not conducting official City business must exit City Hall by 10:00 p.m. Requests for room use at City Hall shall be submitted to the City Managerís Office, Room 310. The City Manager will determine which rooms in City Hall will be made available for such use.
- Days and hours of the availability of the Santo Center shall be determined by the Parks and Recreation Director. Requests for use of the Santo Center shall be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Department. For additional information please call (541) 774-2400.
- All requests for meeting room use must be in writing on the prescribed request form. Approval will be granted on a calendar year basis and is valid only for the remainder of the calendar year indicated on the request form unless stated otherwise by the City Manager. Reservation requests must be renewed and approved for each calendar year. Upon approval, a copy of the completed request form will be returned to the applicant.
- Audio, visual and computer equipment is not available for use by outside agencies or organizations unless a qualified City staff member is present. A charge may be associated with this request. Requests will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- No organization will be denied use of City meeting facilities on the basis of the content of any speech, writing, or other expression protected by the constitutions of the United States and the State of Oregon.
- Meetings of public bodies including all boards, committees, and commissions of the City and other governmental entities will be given priority.
- Outside organizations whose members are predominantly citizens of Medford or groups which meet for the purpose of benefiting the City will be given priority should scheduling conflicts occur.
- Subject to governmental needs (which will be given priority), all requests will be considered and rooms will be reserved on a first-come first-served basis. Should it be necessary for the City to cancel any reservation, reasonable efforts will be used to contact the affected party.
- The sponsoring organization shall see that the posted capacity of the meeting room is not exceeded. If it is reasonably anticipated that attendance will exceed the capacity of the facility, permission will be denied.
- All rooms shall be returned to their original condition, including the replacement of chairs and equipment, and disposal of any trash and food. Smoking is prohibited inside all City of Medford facilities. No food or beverages are allowed at any time in the City Hall Council Chambers.
- The City Manager may deny room use to any person or organization that violates these conditions of use or that commits or incites any disorderly conduct or other illegal acts on City premises affected by this regulation.
If you would like to request a room, please complete the Meeting Room Reservation Form and submit to email@example.com. For more information regarding available rooms, please contact the City Managerís Office by calling (541) 774-2000.