The City of Medford has established policies and procedures to govern the use of meeting rooms in city facilities by outside organizations. Following are procedures and conditions of use as set forth in City of Medford Administrative Regulation No. 99-1.
City of Medford Charter states that the City Manager has general supervision over all city property. Section 2.194 of the Code of Medford provides that application is to be made to the City Manager for permission to use city facilities.
Available Meeting Facilities
The following city facilities are available for meetings, subject to the conditions of use outlined below:
City Hall, located at 411 West 8th Street, has the following rooms:
Alba Room, Seating for 9 at table (Capacity 28)
East Conference Room, Seating for 12 at table (Capacity 22)
City Managerís Conference Room, Seating for 12 at table (Capacity 22)
Lausmann Annex Conference Room, Seating for 18 at table (Capacity 60)
For more information regarding the City Hallís available rooms, please call the City Managerís Office at (541) 774-2000.
Santo Center, 700 North Columbus has multiple conference rooms with varying capacities. Call (541) 774-2400 for more information regarding Santo Centerís rooms.
Procedure and Condition of Use
- Use of city meeting rooms is limited to governmental agencies and nonprofit organizations. Meetings of public bodies, including all boards, committees and commissions of the city and other governmental entities, are given priority. Activities that are primarily commercial in nature are not permitted.
- City Hall meeting rooms are reserved exclusively for governmental and nonprofit organization use during normal business hours. Requests for room use at City Hall are to be submitted to the City Manager's Office, room 310. The City Manager will determine which rooms will be made available for such use.
- Days and hours of availability of the Service Center conference room will be determined by the Public Works Director, and requests to use the facility's conference room are to be submitted to the secretary at the Service Center.
- All requests for meeting room use must be in writing and submitted on a City of Medford Room Use Request form (CMO/011). Approval for regular use of a meeting room will be granted on a calendar year basis and will be valid only for the remainder of the calendar year indicated on the form. Reservation requests must be renewed and approved for each new calendar year. Upon approval, a copy of the completed request form will be returned to the applicant.
- Outside organizations whose members are predominantly citizens of Medford, or groups that meet the purpose of benefiting the city, will be given priority should scheduling conflicts occur.
- Subject to priority scheduling of governmental agencies, all requests will be considered and rooms will be reserved on a "first-come" basis. Should it become necessary for the city to cancel any reservation, reasonable efforts will be made to contact the affected party.
- The sponsoring organization will assure that the posted room capacity is not exceeded. If it is reasonably anticipated that attendance will exceed the posted capacity, permission will be denied.
- Meeting rooms are to be returned to their original condition, including the replacement of chairs and equipment and disposal of any trash. No smoking is allowed in any City of Medford facility. No food or beverages are allowed at any time in the Council Chambers or the Municipal Courtroom.
- The City Manager may deny room use to any person or organization that violates these conditions of use or that commits or incites any disorderly conduct or other illegal acts on city premises affected by this regulation.
- No organization will be denied use of city meeting facilities on the basis of the content of any speech, writing, or other expression protected by the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Oregon.
If you would like to request a room, print out this copy of the City Of Medford Room Use Request.