"Improving neighborhoods through the empowerment of community members"
Neighborhood revitalization is about building capacity and empowering community members. Our division aims to preserve and enhance neighborhoods within the city of Medford. We believe that empowerment can be obtained through providing the necessary education and resources that would allow citizens to become involved and improve conditions in their neighborhoods. We also wish to promote civic pride and responsibility in and among neighbors and neighborhoods. Ultimately it is our desire to enhance the sense of community throughout the City of Medford.
Overall Neighborhood Revitalization Goals:
- Preserve and enhance neighborhoods within the City of Medford.
- Empower citizens through education, information and resources to become involved and improve conditions in their neighborhoods.
- Promote civic pride and responsibility in and among neighbors and neighborhoods in the City of Medford.
- Increased neighborhood capacity
- More efficient and effective delivery of public services
- Increased government collaboration
- Enhanced sense of community
The city of Medford is continuously working on neighborhood revitalization projects with the hopes of improving our communities. Below is a list of our current projects with links on where to learn more:
The Medford Parks, Recreation & Facilities Department seeks adult volunteers to help reconstruct the new playground at Bear Creek Park that will be named the "Olsrud Family Community Playground." We need approximately 200 volunteers each day of the reconstruction for a total of 8 full days. Construction begins on Sept. 29.
Planning Department: 541-774-2380
Angela Durant, Principal Planner: 541-774-2390
200 S Ivy St, Medford, OR 97501