Prepared by Cogan Owens Cogan LLC, Consultants
We envision Medford as an outstanding livable community -- the financial, medical, tourist and business hub of Southern Oregon and Northern California, blending family lifestyles, diverse educational, artistic and cultural resources and a strong sense of environmental stewardship with robust economic activity to create a vibrant place for people to live, work, learn, invest, grow, play, and visit.
- Leadership to develop and carry out the City's vision is characterized by the commitment of its elected and appointed leaders and involvement by citizens to produce meaningful, measurable outcomes.
- Medford is carefully balanced with appropriate housing densities and open space to avoid urban sprawl, define and establish character within and between neighborhoods and other valley communities and provide a quality living environment for all its citizens.
- Downtown Medford is a vibrant and enjoyable regional center.
- Bear Creek is an important community asset and feature that connects Medford and ties it to the Bear Creek Valley.
- Neighborhoods are clean, safe environments for all citizens, including children and senior citizens; they form the backbone of Medford's social infrastructure and are the focus of community involvement and participation.
- Aesthetic values are apparent in all facets of community expression.
- Excellent, life-long educational opportunities are available and accessible to all.