TAXI / LIMO / TRANSPORTATION NETWORK COMPANY (TNC) & DRIVERS
Applicant must notify the city within 30 days of any change in application information and The Medford Code requires annual licensing of each business operating in the city and keep all necessary county/state/federal licenses and permits current. Failure to do so will be treated as a misrepresentation and may result in revocation of license. A complete explanation is found in Medford’s Municipal Code located HERE.
TAXI / LIMOUSINE COMPANY
The City of Medford’s definition of Taxi Company is any person operating one or more vehicles for hire, other than as a driver, regardless of the legal form of the entity and regardless of whether the taxis so operated are owned by the company, leased, or owned by individual members of the entity. Taxi Companies do not include TNCs.
The City of Medford’s definition of Limousine Company is any person operating one or more limousines for hire, other than as a driver, regardless of the legal form of the entity and regardless of whether the limousines so operated are owned by the company, leased, or owned by individual members of any entity.
Taxi / Limousine Company Application Fee: $100.00 Annually
TRANSPORTATION NETWORK COMPANY (TNC)
The City of Medford’s definition of TNC is a person that operates or facilitates a transportation network. Transportation Network is defined as one or more drivers working as independent contractors and utilizing a digital dispatch system, and using personal motor vehicles in the provision of transportation services.
TNC Application Fee: $1,000.00 Annually
The City of Medford’s definition of Driver is any individual person who operates a vehicle for hire within the City.
- Shall be at least 21 years old
- Possess valid driver license
- Proof of motor vehicle registration
- Proof of current automobile liability insurance that meets the requirements of Medford Municipal Code 8.340 and State law
- Submit proof of compliance via: TNC Notification or Certificate of Compliance
Driver Application Fee: $60.00 Annually
Submission Instructions (Choose one):
- Complete online application and submit electronically with required documents
- Fax completed application and documents to: 541-618-1707
- Email completed application and documents to: email@example.com
- In person at: 200 S. Ivy St. Second Floor Medford OR. Hours are Monday – Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm
- Payments can be made via: phone call 541-774-2025 or in person