I.O.O.F./Eastwood Cemetery Tour Docent
The IOOF/Eastwood Cemetery is Medford's oldest cemetery and was founded in 1890. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Sites and as a State Pioneer Cemetery. Tour docents will guide registered customers through the cemetery sharing information in a fun and interesting manner. In addition to sharing stories about the lives of some of those interred, the tours are sprinkled with information on the art of monuments, early Medford history and the City's preservation efforts.
Volunteer interested in the opportunity may be asked to perform one or more of the following:
- Develop a walking tour with interesting points no more than two hours in length or use one provided by the department
- Setup and put away chairs and/or tables at the site
- Distribute department provided materials
- Demonstrate proper headstone rubbing techniques, materials provided
- Advocate for support of the cemetery in a variety of ways including providing information on where donations may be made and distribution of handouts
If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please complete the volunteer application below and someone from the department will contact you with details.