I.O.O.F. Eastwood Cemetery
The I.O.O.F. Eastwood Cemetery is Medford's oldest continually operating cemetery and was founded in 1890.
The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a State Pioneer Cemetery.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tour Docents conduct a walking tour with interesting points no more than 1 1/2 hours in length
- Instruct a program such as headstone rubbing techniques, a drawing or watercolor class
- Adopt a burial space and perform manual maintenance tasks
- Distribute materials /assist in locating burial sites during Memorial Day Open House
- Advocate support for the cemetery by way of presentations to organizations
- Cleaning Headstones
- Other ideas?
Tour docents will guide registered customers through the cemetery sharing information in a fun and interesting manner. In addition to sharing stories about the lives of some of those interred, the tours are sprinkled with information on the art of monuments, early Medford history and the City's preservation efforts.
Program Instructors are generally persons who are proficient in their field of endeavor. Participants will be required to pre-pregister for such programs via the Parks and Recreation Department. Materials for programs can be provided by the Cemetery Administrator.
Cleaning Headstones and work on cemetery plots will include oversight and training by the Parks Maintenance division or the Cemetery Administrator. Materials will be provided.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Cemetery please complete the volunteer application below and the Cemetery Administrator will contact you with details.