Please note that some of these are Medford-specific. They can still be good ideas for community support in different communities.
United Way of Jackson County
- The United Way is working to build local resources through donations and connecting those resources to community members and nonprofits in need. If you are a community member or nonprofit partner with an urgent need related to COVID-19 or if you are interested in becoming a funding partner, please click here.
If You Have a Need, Want to Give, or Want to Volunteer
- The United Way, together with Rogue Valley Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD), has developed the Rogue Valley Preparedness and Recovery Hub to help connect the community. If you have a need, would like to make a donation, volunteer or find resources, please visit https://roguevalley.recovers.org/.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
We're all in this together! If you want to help your neighbors, those most at risk, the best thing to do is actively practice social distancing. Social distancing is the most important and valuable tool we have to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes remaining at least six feet from the person is there is interaction, do not shake hands, wash your hands, and stay away from your neighbors and those in your home if you feel ill.
Homelessness and Connection to Services
- Call 2-1-1
- Text: Your Zipcode to 898211
- Call HelpLine (24/7): 541-779-4357
Information for Homeless Shelter Operators
The American Red Cross is reporting a severe blood shortage and donors are urgently needed. Right now, eligible and healthy donors are strongly urged to make an appointment to provide lifesaving blood products to patients. Please give now.
American Red Cross | Blood Services | Donate Blood
Upcoming Blood Drives in Jackson County
- Medford Donation Center
- Get Directions
- 1174 Progress Drive, Suite 102
- Medford, OR 97504
- Phone: 1-800-RED CROSS
Support your local food bank and/or Meals on Wheels
TIP: When you stock up on items at the grocery store, be mindful of what has a WIC symbol on the label. Consider avoiding those products so that those using WIC are able to purchase them and don’t have to go home empty-handed if those products are out of stock.
Stores Adjust Hours for Seniors and At-Risk Shoppers
Several stores have created special shopping hours for seniors and at-risk shoppers:
- If you need rental support please call St. Vincent De Paul at 541-772-3828, EXT. 1, between the hours of 10AM - 2PM.
- You can also make a donation to this program by calling 541-772-3828. This program helps our community members remain housed through temporary rental assistance.
Student Meals, Learning Resources and School Updates
The Medford School District and its food services provider Sodexo will serve free “grab and go” meals for kids 18 and under at six locations throughout the district (on weekdays) from Monday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 31. That includes the week of spring break. Breakfast will be served from 9:00AM - 10:00AM and lunch will be served from 11:30AM - 12:30PM. Click here for locations and more details.
Resources for Local Businesses
The City of Medford is aware that the responses to concerns over the COVID-19 virus is impacting many aspects of life for area residents and businesses. Businesses, such as those that rely on retail sales, may be susceptible to drops in revenue as residents are encouraged to stay home. We will continue to update the following list of resources:
If you've been laid off due to the COVID-19 outbreak you can apply for unemployment.