Sealed Proposals for the construction of the City of Medford, Regional Water Reclamation Facility Aeration Basin Improvements Project, WAR 1401 addressed to Cory Crebbin, Public Works Director, will be received at the Public Works offices, located on the second floor of the Medford City Hall Lausmann Annex, 200 South Ivy Street, Medford, Oregon, 97501, until 2:00 p.m. local time on the 30th day of November, 2017, and thereafter will be publicly opened and read. Any bids received after the time and date specified will not be considered.
The project is located at the Regional Water Reclamation Facility, 1100 Kirtland Road, Central Point, Oregon 97502, (541) 774-2750.
This project generally includes, but is not limited to, the following Work:
1. Installation of new variable-pitch single-speed blower with associated intake and discharge piping.
2. Installation of new local control panels and programming for new and existing Turblex blower.
3. Installation of a new master control panel for the blowers and aeration basins with dissolved oxygen (DO) control logic, new flow meters, and new control valves.
4. Installation of new aeration basin piping and fine-bubble diffusers in basins A-1 and A-2.
5. Installation of new coarse-bubble diffusers in aeration basin feed and cross channels.
6. Replacement of existing air valve actuators and flow meters.
7. Installation of new motor and soft starter for multistage centrifugal blower 2 and freeze protection on both multistage centrifugal blower intakes.
8. Upgrades to the Blower Building, including installation of a new roll-up door requiring structural modifications; installation of a roof mounted air conditioner with thermostat, roof access and fall protection provisions; extension of instrument air piping; removal of abandoned VFD cabinet; new roofing system; and interior paint.
9. Improvements to the aeration basin, including construction of working platforms to basins A-2 and A-3, demolition and minor modifications of existing 3W piping, and installation of new expansion joints to replace leaking dresser couplings on existing aeration header.
10. Modifications to existing low voltage switchgear including installation of temporary power generation systems to allow the RWRF to continue operation during the outage of the switchgear.
11. Integration of the new systems into the plantís existing Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, including development of operator interface screens, installation of new hardware, and development of customized software programming to accommodate the new equipment and processes.
12. Application of coatings, installation of signage, and completion of all work necessary to make the new facilities operational and ready for final acceptance by the Owner.
The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations: Regional Water Reclamation Facility, 1100 Kirtland Road, Central Point, OR 97502; Medford Builders Exchange, 701 E. Jackson St., Medford, OR 97504; Eugene Builders Exchange, 2640 W. 11th St., Eugene, OR 97402; Oregon Contractors Plan Center, 14625 SE 82nd Dr., Clackamas, OR 97015; Daily Journal of Commerce, 921 SW Washington St., Suite 210, Portland, Oregon 97205; McGraw Hill Construction Plan Center, 3461 NW Yeon Ave., Portland, OR 97210; Klamath Builders Exchange, 724 Main, Suite 204, Klamath Falls, OR 97601; Salem Contractors Exchange, 2256 Judson St., SE., Salem, OR 97302.
Each Proposal must be submitted on the prescribed form and accompanied by bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders, payable to the City of Medford, Oregon, in an amount not less than ten (10) percent of the amount bid.
The successful Bidder will be required to furnish the necessary additional bond(s) for the faithful performance of the Contract, as prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
Contractors must be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279 and Medford City Code in order to enter into a contract with the Owner for public work in Oregon.
To be eligible to bid, the Bidder must submit a fully executed Contractor's Prequalification Form, as outlined in the Invitation to Bid, and be prequalified. Prequalification submittals by interested Bidders must be received by the City Engineer at least five (5) calendar days prior to the bid opening date. Interested bidders must be prequalified before submitting a bid. Prequalification application forms may be obtained at http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=1700, the office of the Owner, located at 1100 Kirtland Road, Central Point, OR 97502, (541) 774-2750 or at the office of the City Engineer, 411 West Eighth St., Medford, Oregon, 97501 (541) 774-2100. The executed Prequalification Form shall be addressed to the City Engineer at the above specified address.
Each bid must contain a statement as to whether the Bidder is a Resident Bidder, as defined in ORS 279.029.
No bid will be received or considered unless the bid form contains or is accompanied by a statement by the Bidder as part of the bid that provisions required by ORS 279.350 pertaining to prevailing wages shall be included in the Contract.
There will be a mandatory Pre-Bid Conference at the City of Medford Regional Water Reclamation Facility, 1100 Kirtland Rd., Central Point, OR 97502. This conference will be held on November 14th, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
The Construction Manager should be aware of all inquiries. Prospective bidders should not contact the Design Engineer without notifying the Construction Manager. For information concerning the proposed work contact Tom Suttle, Construction Manager, 1100 Kirtland Road, Central Point, OR 97502. Telephone: (541) 774-2757.
The City of Medford may reject any bid not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, and may reject for good cause any or all bids upon a finding of the agency that it is in the public interest to do so.
The Contract, if awarded, is to be awarded to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder.
Asbestos abatement work is not anticipated during demolition of existing roofing system.
The City of Medford programs, services and activities are open to all persons without regard to race, sex, age, handicap, religion, ethnic background or national origin. For further information about this equal opportunity policy, contact the City of Medford Human Resource Dept. (541) 774-2010.
Dated October 27, 2017.
CITY OF MEDFORD, OREGON
WRD Construction Manager
Engineers Estimate: $3.3 million
To receive additional information please submit the following form.