City of Medford Oregon / Medford Oregon History / Related LinksRelated Links
Local History Links
Thanks to modern technology, a remarkable amount of local history can be accessed online. Listed below are a number of external websites that relate to Medford history and the history of the surrounding area:
- Southern Oregon Historical Society: Keep up on Historical Society activities, learn about the collections and archival resources, view historical photographs, explore a Southern Oregon timeline, and more.
- Southern Oregon History, Revised: This website compiled by local historian Ben Truwe contains a massive compilation of historical research and quotes from primary sources relating to Medford and several other Jackson County communities.
- Rogue Valley Genealogical Society (RVGS) operates the Jackson County Genealogical Library (JCGL), the largest collection of genealogical materials in Southern Oregon.
- Southern Oregon Digital Archives: SODA is a full text, keyword searchable, digital library covering Southern Oregon and the surrounding areas. The library consists of three collections: Bioregion, First Nations, and Southern Oregon History.
- Oregon Encyclopedia: The Oregon Encyclopedia offers hundreds of entries and essays on Oregon history and culture including many subjects related to Medford and Southern Oregon.
- Holly Theater Restoration Project: View historic photographs of Medford's Holly Theater and follow the progress of the restoration project.
- SkyBilly.com: Created to honor the memory of locally based stunt pilot Bill Warren (Sky Billy), this website includes photos of the Great American Flying Circus, wing walkers, and other aspects of Medford aviation history.
- History of Southern Oregon: The Internet Archives provides this online version of A.G. Wallings' 1884 History of Southern Oregon, Comprising Jackson, Josephine, Douglas, Curry and Coos Counties.
- Southern Oregon Chapter, National Railway Historical Society: Learn about the rolling stock and exhibits open to the public at Railroad Park in Medford.
- Jackson County Heritage Association: Visit this site for a listing of the fifteen historical organizations located in various Jackson County communities.