There will be a lien foreclosure sale on Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. at Medford City Hall, 411 W. 8th Street, Third Floor, Medford Room.
Oregon Revised Statues (ORS) 223.505-223.650 govern the foreclosure process.
- Each lawfully established unit of land or tract must be sold separately and for a sum equal to or exceeding the greater of:
- (a) The amount of the unpaid final assessment plus interest, penalties and the costs of conducting the sale; or
- (b) Seventy-five percent of the total assessed value of the real property, as determined by the assessor of the county in which the land and improvements are located.
- If more than one bid equals or exceeds the minimum sum for which real property may be sold under this section, the real property must be sold to the highest bidder.
- If none of the bids equals or exceeds the minimum sum for which real property may be sold under this section or the sale is not completed for any other reason, the real property may be offered for sale as provided in ORS 223.560.
Pursuant to ORS 223.550 a certificate of sale will be issued when the real property is sold as outlined above. ORS 223.570 allows owner or legal representative to redeem within one year of sale.
Per Resolution No. 2017-14, properties Council has approved to commence foreclose in order to recover delinquent assessments placed between 2011-2015:
205 Chestnut St - 372W25CB 9200
343 Grape St - 372W25AA 8500 - LIENS PAID
400 S. Peach St - 372W25DC 6300 - LIENS PAID
402 Emerald St - 372W13BA 3200 - LIENS PAID
637 Pennsylvania Ave - 372W25AC 10300 - LIENS PAID
911 Queen Anne Ave - 371W30AB 8800 - LIENS PAID
943 Winchester St - 372W36AB 16100 - PULLED
1016 W. 11th St - 372W25DB 22400
1212 W. 10th St - 372W25CA 13600 - LIENS PAID
2539 Delta Waters Rd - 371W08CD 13500
2739 Merriman Rd - 372W13BA 7000 - LIENS PAID