Preparations are underway to keep traffic moving this winter. Throughout the year Public Works crews prepare for inclement weather by servicing equipment, stockpiling sanding materials, ensuring crew members are trained properly on equipment use, and reviewing safety procedures.
You can report slippery or icy road conditions to our Public Works department by calling 541-774-2600.
Get the latest updates on our social media channels: Facebook Twitter
- To report a Public Works emergency please call Medford Public Works Operations Division at 541-774-2600.
- Get notified about emergencies and other community alerts via your home phone, cell phone, text message or email by signing up for our Citizen Alert Program.
- Click here to get the latest information on area weather conditions.
- Check conditions before heading out on the road here.
Snow & Ice
The Public Works Operations Division responds to snow events with various levels of response depending on the intensity and duration of the storm. Click here to see all sanding routes.
Due to the significant elevation differences between areas of the City and the general "valley" topography, snow events in Medford vary a great deal. Frequently asked questions regarding snow response and sanding routes.
Sandbag Station is Open
The city offers a free sandbag station in the parking lot of the Public Works Service Center (821 N Columbus Avenue). The self-service station is stocked with sand and sandbags and can be accessed at any time. Here are instructions for filling sandbags.
- Power Outage - Pacific Power reports power outages online. To report downed wires or dangerous conditions, and a power outage call toll-free 1-877-508-5088.
- School Closures - Medford School District, St. Mary's School, Sacred Heart School, Logos Public Charter School, Grace Cascade Christian School, Rogue Community College, Southern Oregon University Medford Campus
- Weather Conditions - National Weather Service, KDRV, KOBI, KTVL, Mail Tribune
- Winter Travel Tips and Live Traffic Cameras from ODOT
- Public Transportation - RVTD