The National Weather Service for Medford says dangerous heat is possible for Thursday, July 12 into the weekend. Here are a few tips to prevent heat-related illness:
- Never leave any pet or child in a closed, parked vehicle.
- Drink water before you're thirsty and stay hydrated.
- Limit outdoor activities. If you're outdoors, take frequent breaks in the shade or indoors.
- Wear loose and light-colored clothing.
- Check up on the elderly and children frequently.
Know the signs of heat exhaustion vs heat stroke
National Weather Service Heat Risk
Jackson Aquatic Center & Splash Pad Locations