The Transportation Commission works with the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee and the Traffic Coordinating Committee to advise the City Council and the Planning Commission on all matters affecting transportation policy in the City and the surrounding area, including:
- Examining multi-modal transportation issues.
- Evaluating level-of-service alternatives.
- Evaluating travel demand management alternatives.
- Making recommendations concerning provisions of the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code that affect transportation.
- Facilitating coordination of transportation issues with other governmental agencies.
The meetings of the Transportation Commission are not to be considered a part of any land use hearings process and the records of its proceedings shall not be a part of the record of any land use case. However, the Transportation Commission may submit testimony and evidence in a land use matter in the same manner as any other party.
Click here for application forms.
Applications are also available in the City Managerís Office, Room 310, City Hall and will be accepted until December 31, 2018.
Appointments to city boards and commissions are made either by the Mayor or the City Council, or both, as in the case of the Budget Committee and the Water Commission. Terms on the various boards and commissions expire on January 31 of each year, and in November the city starts recruiting applicants for upcoming vacancies.
Visit the Boards & Commissions
web page or call (541) 774‑2000.
The Transportation Commission acts on the authority provided by Medford Municipal Code Section 2.451