City of Medford facilities are closed to the public in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
This extraordinary action is being taken to balance the City’s prioritization of the health and well-being of City employees and the community at large as we attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19 and lessen the impact to our health care system.
“We’re closing public access to our facilities but we aren’t shutting down operations,” said City Manager Brian Sjothun. “We will continue to provide essential services to our community.”
Essential City services that will continue uninterrupted include:
- Police and Fire services
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Utility Services
- Public Works Engineering and Operations
- Waste Water Treatment
- Parks and Facilities Maintenance
- Development Services
- Capital Projects
City employees have been encouraged to work remotely, whenever possible. The closure will continue through, April 3, and will be reevaluated prior to that date.
Services that will continue and be made available to City customers are as follows:
Click here for a full list of online services available to customers.
- Development Services:
- Plan review
- Permits (including building, land use, and development)
- Plat Review
- Municipal Court:
- All municipal court proceedings, with the exception of in-custody arraignments, are postponed until at least April 21.
- Community members will need to call Municipal Court at 541-774-2040 to reschedule currently-scheduled proceedings.
- Individuals wishing to resolve tickets or cases need to call 541-774-2040
- Pay citations with the Municipal Court on our website at www.cityofmedford.org
- Utility Billing:
- Pay your utility bill online or by phone at 541-774-2140
- Make payments using these dropbox locations or mail your payment to:
- City of Medford Utilities – P.O. Box 2327, Portland, OR 97208
- Utility customers will not be charged late fees for past due balances through April 30.
Signage will be posted at all building entrances with contact information and meetings with City staff will be by appointment only.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service during this unprecedented time.
Regular updates to the community will be available on cityofmedford.org as well as the City’s social media channels as this situation continues to evolve.