In response to Governor Kate Brown’s Stay Home, Save Lives Executive Order
, announced on Monday, March 23, the City is implementing the following changes, effective immediately:
Changes to City of Medford building access and services already in place:
- City parks and trails remain open subject to State-mandated social distancing orders. We strongly encourage you to practice social distancing when recreating outside.
- Medford park playgrounds, skate parks, and outdoor sports facilities are now closed as a result of the recent executive order.
- Reservations for outdoor pavilions and sports fields will not be accepted during the state of emergency.
- The Spring Break day Camp for children ages 4-12 remains operational and available at the Santo Community Center for families of essential workers. Limited capacity. Call 541-774-2400 for availability.
- Restrooms or portable restrooms will be open and maintained at U.S. Cellular Park, Prescott, Bear Creek, Hawthorne and Fichtner-Mainwaring; neighborhood park restrooms are closed.
- The City has suspended meetings, temporarily closed facilities and modified face-to face services to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Essential City services are still running. Some are available online, by phone and by email. For more details about City services and what’s open, go here: https://bit.ly/2Ux4tww
- City employees have been encouraged to telecommute and to conduct meetings through online conferencing tools when possible.
For more information about COVID-19 and the impacts in Medford, visit: https://bit.ly/3diTpvz