- Southern Oregon Regional Economic Development, Inc. (SOREDI) is pleased to announce that additional COVID-19 Emergency Business Grants are available now throughout Jackson and Josephine Counties. Time is limited for the deployment of an additional $250,000 in the region and businesses are urged to apply today.
The application deadline is Wednesday, November 11. These funds are intended to be equally accessible to all businesses including the historically disadvantaged population groups (Asian, Black, Hispanic, Native American, and Women-owned businesses).
The application is available at www.soredi.org/covid/matching or by contacting SOREDI (541) 773-8946 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round 4 allows businesses who may have received previous funding to apply again for additional funds. Executive Directors Colleen Padilla, SOREDI and Theresa Haga, CCD, agree that “businesses need to act fast and apply now!” There is a very short window of time to disburse a large amount of money in the region. Both agencies urge the community to step up and help spread the word that new funds area available.
Round 4 of funding comes with a new set of eligibility requirements which opens the door for more businesses to apply. It also allows some prior awardees to get additional funds. Small businesses will be eligible under the following conditions:
Click here for more details from SOREDI.
- The business or 501c3 non-profit is in Jackson or Josephine County.
- The business is actively registered with the Oregon Secretary of State, if required by Oregon law.
- The business has 25 or fewer employees.
- The business can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or greater. (Any month between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020 compared to same month in 2019)
- The business has not received over $100,000 in federal funding (PPP, EIDL)