- Provides legal advice to the Mayor, City Council, and all City departments, boards and commissions.
- Prosecutes traffic and code offenses in Municipal Court.
- Prepares ordinances and resolutions for council action and maintains the Medford Code.
- DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE TO THE PUBLIC.
Inquiries best handled by other agencies:
- Status of Municipal Court Cases - Call (541) 774-2040.
- Circuit Court Matters - Call (541) 776-7171.
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes - You should speak with a private attorney, or to determine eligibility for assistance from Legal Services, call (541) 779-7291.
- Felony or DUII Offenses - Call the Jackson County District Attorney at (541) 774-8181.
- Consumer Complaints - Contact the Attorney General's office at (503) 378-4320 (8:30 a.m. to noon).
- Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service - 1-800-452-7636.
- Public Defender - (541) 779-5636.
The City of Medford makes no claim, promise or guaranty of accuracy or completeness of the contents of its website, and makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the content of this website or any links, including but not limited to any warranty of non-infringement of third-party rights; warranty of fitness for particular purpose; warranty of fitness of merchantability; or warranty of freedom from computer virus. Links to any website do not represent approval, endorsement, or sponsorship by the City of Medford.