Medford Urban Renewal Project - The Medford Urban Renewal Agency (MURA) is moving forward with an amendment to the current Urban Renewal Plan. An advisory committee has been appointed to recommend programs and projects to address blight and improve depreciating property values in the Liberty Park neighborhood, which is bounded by Jackson Street, McAndrews, Biddle and Court/Central. The proposed amendment would infuse the Liberty Park neighborhood with approximately $17 million and direct approximately $2 million to seismically improving buildings in the downtown area.
MURA Advisory Committee - The MURA Advisory Committee undertakes the evaluation of critical issues and opportunities concerning urban renewal in Medford. The MURA Board has identified the following topics as the initial scope of issues for the Advisory Committee to investigate and prepare recommendations:
- Identification and prioritization of MURA projects in the Liberty Park area north of Jackson Street
- Continued revitalization of Downtown utilizing MURA land assets and funds for seismic retrofit
- Investigation of potential areas of the City that may benefit from urban renewal activities
Positions on the MURA Advisory Committee are limited to:
The MURA Board is currently seeking applicants for all positions on their Advisory Committee. If you are interested in serving, please complete the application using either the fillable PDF or the online version. Please return fillable pdf forms to the City Manager's Office through email at email@example.com or to 411 West 8th Street, Room 310. The online applications are sent automatically to our office.
- Two residents of the Liberty Park area (bounded by West Jackson Street, Biddle Road, West McAndrews Road, Court Street and Central Avenue)
- One business or commercial property owner in the Liberty Park area
- Two residents or business/commercial property owners in the Downtown subarea of MURA
- One member with experience in banking and finance (including real estate or small business)
- One member with experience in real estate and construction (including market-rate housing)
- One member with experience in affordable housing
- One member with experience in transportation (including transit and multi-modal)
- One member with experience in social services (including homelessness)
- One member with experience in economic development and/or workforce development
- Two members-at-large encouraging representation from throughout the whole community
Here are some of the projects being evaluated by the Advisory Committee before their final recommendation to the MURA Board (City Council).
Stay Connected - In order to stay informed of upcoming opportunities to provide input and comments please look to the "Latest News" section of this webpage for dates of public hearings, open houses, outreach events, and related meetings. If you would like to provide comments, please click the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Input Feedback Report
Medford Urban Renewal Plan
Medford Urban Renewal Accomplishments